Email notifications are sent out automatically from the Berkeley Lab Training system, and from Activity manager in order to inform staff about required training that is expired or about to expire. The following describe the different e-mails that are sent.
- For Staff: Training that is about to expire or has expired (Refresher training)
- Activity Manager sends an initial notification to staff if they have an expired training. Activity Manager only sends one notification. It does not send reminders, and the notification is only sent if the person has accepted the activity.
- Berkeley Lab Training sends notifications starting 60 days in advance of the due date for each required training that is set to expire (refreshers). These sent on the first of the month and are also sent 30 days prior to expiration. They stop after staff completes the training, or when the staff member has registered for the training (classroom training).
- For Staff: New training requirements (That have never been completed)
- Activity Manager sends an initial notification when staff are added to an activity and one or more of the training requirements is defficient. Activity Manager only sends one notification. It does not send reminders, and the notification is only sent if the person has accepted the activity.
- Berkeley Lab Training sends a notification (twice a month).
- The notifications are sent on the first and third Tuesday until a person completes his/her training requirements.
- Notifications are also sent on he first of the month to staff and supervisors
- Supervisor Email Notification
- Berkeley Lab Training sends the notification on the first of every month.
- The notification lists the training requirement(s) that are deficient for each direct report.
- These notifications stop after staff complete the training requirements.
- Activity Lead Email Notification
- Activity Manager: Activity Leads are sent notifications from Activity Manager (not from Berkeley Lab Training). The Activity Lead's notification addresses only the training courses that are associated with the Activity; the notification will not address unrelated training that is associated with other Activities or for institutional trainings such as SEC courses or GERT. The notification is sent when a worker is added to an Activity (and has deficient training). In addition, a one time notification is sent to the Activity Lead 30 days before a worker's training expires.
If you have questions, please contact the training manager James Basore ([email protected]).